Here is a handy list of suggested items to bring that will make your stay at our ranch more enjoyable:
- Chap Stick
- Hat with Stampede String
- Medium Weight Jacket
- Heavy Riding Coat (in spring & fall)
- Rain Gear (we provide full length riding rain slickers)
- Riding/Cowboy Boots with a heel and smooth sole (we do have some to lend, please ask about sizes)
- Boot socks or tall socks that go as high as your boots
- Jeans (“Wrangler” brand jeans are recommended, they don’t have the double sewn, inside leg seam, reducing skin chafing)
- Long Sleeved & Short Sleeved Shirts (layering is a good idea – long sleeves are good protection from branches and the strong sun)
- Bicycle Shorts or Panty Hose (These can help prevent chafing)
- Tennis Shoes or Hiking Boots/Shoes
- Water shoes for wading/swimming/playing in the rocky creek!
- Riding Gloves (for cold weather/personal preference)
- Chinks or Chaps (if you have them)
- Personal Items: Tooth Brush, Shampoo, Lotion, Band Aids, & Other Toiletries
- Hairdryers are not provided & use is discouraged. We are off the grid and they draw too much current. Use only when generator is on 8-10 AM & 8-10 PM
- Beer/Wine/Liquor (we don’t carry a liquor license so bring what you like)
- We provide towels & other bedding
- We provide water bottles to carry when riding or hiking
- Remember, there is no cell phone service at the ranch. You can give your family and friends the ranch phone number 575-772-5157 for emergency contact.
Can I bring my own tack?
Yes – We want you to be comfortable. Guests are welcome to bring their own western saddle, saddle bags, cantle bags or other cowboy gear. We will inspect your gear before riding out to ensure it fits the horse we choose for you. Your items can be shipped via UPS or US Postal Service in advance of your visit (keep in mind that the regular mail only comes to our ranch on Tuesdays and Fridays each week).